The World's Largest Public Domain Media Search Engine
Topic

mile

6,569 media by topicpage 1 of 66
北魏太和十年 青銅鎏金彌勒佛像|Buddha Maitreya (Mile fo)
北魏正光五年   青銅鎏金彌勒像|Buddha Maitreya
北魏正光五年 青銅鎏金彌勒佛像|Buddha Maitreya (Mile) Altarpiece
Gold-Covered Altarpiece dedicated to the Buddha Maitreya (Mile fo)
Gold-Covered Buddha Maitreya (Mile), bronze, China
Gold-Covered Buddha Maitreya (Mile fo), bronze
The above plan is a discription of a new township containing the quantity of seven and a half mile of land & water, granted by the General Court to the proprietors of Bakerstown so call'd, lying & being in the county of Cumberland ... Deld. at Falmouth, 4th September 1765.

The above plan is a discription of a new township containing the quant...

Scale ca. 1:43,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Oriented with north toward the upper right. "A true copy compared, A. Oliver, sect." Includes text. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 833 Available... More

Copy of a survey return'd by Mr. Sam Lewis, surveyor of Botetourt Coun[t]y. Surveyed for George Washington 2950 acres of land (by virtue of a warrant for 5,000 acres granted by His Excellency the Governor to said Washington agreeable to His Majesty proclamatiom issued in the year 1763) lying in the county of Botetourt on the n.e. side of the Great Kanhaway about a mile and half above the mouth of Cole River, joining the upper end of the Poketillico survey ... Novemr. 6th, 1774.

Copy of a survey return'd by Mr. Sam Lewis, surveyor of Botetourt Coun...

Scale not given. Title from certificate mounted below map. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Imperfect: Deteriorated along old fold lines. Oriented with north to the right. Has watermark. LC Maps of North America, 1750-... More

A new map of Ayr Shire comprehending Kyle, Cunningham & Carrick : the scale one inch to a mile /

A new map of Ayr Shire comprehending Kyle, Cunningham & Carrick : the ...

Relief shown pictorially. Facsimile. Original version: [Norfolk, England? : s.n], 1775. Pyle sculp., Angel Court, Snow Hill, London. "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, January 10th 1775." Available also... More

Whereas it appears to this Court, that the part of the militia of this Colony now in the American army as a temporary reinforcement in consequence of a resolve of said Court the 1st of December last [Allowing their claim one penny per mile for t

Whereas it appears to this Court, that the part of the militia of this...

Positive Photostat.; Stamped on verso: 504. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. 2 duplicate copies Printed Ephemera Collectio... More

Light house S.W.b.S. 1 mile distant

Light house S.W.b.S. 1 mile distant

Print is oval insert on a chart of Halifax Harbor showing the lighthouse at Halifax, Nova Scotia. Title from item. Illus. in: The Atlantic Neptune, published for the use of the Royal Navy of Great Britain, by J... More

View of Cape Round bearing west distant 3/4 of a mile

View of Cape Round bearing west distant 3/4 of a mile

Print showing a distant view of Cape Round. Title from item. Illus. in: The Atlantic Neptune, published for the use of the Royal Navy of Great Britain, by Joseph F.W. Des Barres, .... London : 1777-1781. This r... More

Appearance of the land from the White Islands to St. Marys River taken two leagues off shore : The entrance of Milford Haven at the head of Chedabucto Bay ; The entrance of Port Bickerton bearing N.W. ; A view taken off the entrance of Beaver Harbor Bald Isle bearing E. 15? N. ; A view taken in the offing of Beaver Harbor Bald Isle bearing W. by S. 3/4 S. distant 3/4 of a mile ; Appearance of the shore to the westward of Canso Cranberry Isle bearing N. by E. 1/2 E. distant 4 miles ; The Beaver Islands C. Bald Isle N. 1/2 E. ; Appearance of the S:E: point of Nova Scotia taken from Canso Island shewing the distant land of Richmond Isles the Gut of Canso &c

Appearance of the land from the White Islands to St. Marys River taken...

This grouping of eight headland views paints a striking picture of the Nova Scotia coast, east of Halifax. Covering a geographic area from Beaver Harbour northeast to Milford Haven (a distance of 160 miles), th... More

The Fifth Ichikawa Danjuro as a Kago Bearer Standing Near a Mile Post

The Fifth Ichikawa Danjuro as a Kago Bearer Standing Near a Mile Post

Katsukawa Shunshō (Japanese, 1726–1792) Edo period (1615–1868)

[Ordnance Survey of England and Wales, old series, one inch to one mile map] [cartographic material].
The town of Providence, Indiana. This town is situated on the bank of the Ohio River - directly opposite the towns of Portland and Shippingport, Kent'y, about half a mile above the town of New-Albany - and about the same distance below the Town

The town of Providence, Indiana. This town is situated on the bank of ...

Imprint 2. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. Printed Ephemera Collection; Portfolio 19, Folder 1.

American Theatre, in Mercer-Street, in the rear of 1 Mile Stone, Broadway. Positively the last night! Mr. Hewlett ... On Monday the 24th of March, Mr. Hewlett will be at home in the following: Part 1st--Songs ... Part 2d ... La diligence ... Par

American Theatre, in Mercer-Street, in the rear of 1 Mile Stone, Broad...

Cancel slip over date: On Friday the 21st of March.; 1. Hewlett.; On verso: Gift Edith L. Yonge, Feb. 4, 1965. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and... More

North west part of Montserrado County, Liberia : in ten mile squares.

North west part of Montserrado County, Liberia : in ten mile squares.

Gift; 1968; American Colonization Society. Sheets taped together to form irregular shape. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault

La Tourrette's reference map of the state of Louisiana : from the original surveys of the United States, which show the townships, sections, or mile squares, Spanish grants, settlement rights & c., also the plantations with the owners names engraved thereon /

La Tourrette's reference map of the state of Louisiana : from the orig...

Shows land ownership. Includes insets: New Orleans 29 x 21 cm. and land districts 18 x 19 cm. Prime meridian: Washington, D.C. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.

Pelham: July 2nd, 1849 trotted one mile in harness, over the Centreville course carrying 175 lbs, in 2:28

Pelham: July 2nd, 1849 trotted one mile in harness, over the Centrevil...

Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 5139

"Mac": June 28th 1853 in a match with "Tacony" over the union course L.I. mile heats in harness, won the two first heats in 2:28-2:29

"Mac": June 28th 1853 in a match with "Tacony" over the union course L...

Artist: Louis Maurer (signature on image). Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 4174

La Tourrette's reference map of the state of Louisiana : from the original surveys of the United States, which show the townships, sections, or mile squares, Spanish grants, settlement rights & c., also the plantations with the owners names engraved thereon /

La Tourrette's reference map of the state of Louisiana : from the orig...

Shows land ownership. Includes insets: New Orleans 29 x 21 cm. and land districts 18 x 19 cm. Prime meridian: Washington, D.C. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.

Sontag and Flora Temple: at the Hale mile pole in 1:13!!

Sontag and Flora Temple: at the Hale mile pole in 1:13!!

Artist: Louis Maurer (signature on image). Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 6019

Lady Woodruff, Miller's damsel, General Darcy and Stella: trotting for a purse of $800 mile heats best 3 in. 5 in. harness

Lady Woodruff, Miller's damsel, General Darcy and Stella: trotting for...

Artist: Louis Maurer (signature on image). Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 3670

Lexington races! Spring meeting. Association course. Fourth day. Thursday, May 28, 1857. Purse $300! Two mile heats ....

Lexington races! Spring meeting. Association course. Fourth day. Thurs...

Horse racing. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. Printed Ephemera Collection; Portfolio 22, Folder 32.

Umpqua Village, half mile below Fort Umpqua

Umpqua Village, half mile below Fort Umpqua

Oregon. Boats on water in foregrd.

Tariff of tolls, per ton of 2000 lbs per mile, to be charged on the James River and Kanawha canal, and on the North River improvement. To go into operation on the 16th day of August 1858.

Tariff of tolls, per ton of 2000 lbs per mile, to be charged on the Ja...

Title.; Transportation.; On verso: James River & Kanawha Co. Tariff 1858. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. Printed Epheme... More

Ethan Allen & Mate and Lantern & Mate: crossing the score "a dead heat" time 2:24 1/2 In their great match for $10,000 over the Union Course, L.I. May 18th 1859, mile heats best 3 in 5 to wagons.

Ethan Allen & Mate and Lantern & Mate: crossing the score "a dead heat...

Artist: Louis Maurer (signature on image). Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 1904

Hamburg Park. Tuesday, July 26th, 1859, at 4 o'clock Trial of speed Mile heats, best three in five, to saddle ... Also exciting match time ... E. Eastman. Philadelphia U. S. Steam-Power Job printing office, Ledger Buildings [1859].

Hamburg Park. Tuesday, July 26th, 1859, at 4 o'clock Trial of speed Mi...

Horse racing. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. Printed Ephemera Collection; Portfolio 156, Folder 36.

4 mile run valley

4 mile run valley

Title inscribed above image. Formerly Waud no. C-79. Gift, J.P. Morgan, 1919 (DLC/PP-1919:R1.2.1006) Forms part of: Morgan collection of Civil War drawings.

Federal entrenchments across Plank Road about one mile west of Chancellorsville

Federal entrenchments across Plank Road about one mile west of Chancel...

No. 4994. Title from item. Mounted with 5 other photographs with general caption: Battle-field of Chancellorsville. Hand written on verso: Miller, vol. 2, page 119. Gift; Col. Godwin Ordway; 1948.

Roachs Mills. 4 mile run Va.

Roachs Mills. 4 mile run Va.

Title inscribed lower right sheet and lower left of image. Inscribed lower left: opposite Blenkers tent. Formerly Waud no. B-4. Gift, J.P. Morgan, 1919 (DLC/PP-1919:R1.2.769) Forms part of: Morgan collection of... More

Beaufort Harbor and coast line between Charleston, S.C. and Savanna [sic] Ga., with 5 mile distance lines in circles round Beaufort, and R.R. connections, roads, &c, &c.

Beaufort Harbor and coast line between Charleston, S.C. and Savanna [s...

Scale not given. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 368a Indicates ships in Beaufort Harbor and a few of the line coastal forts. "The naval force in the great expedition" appears above the map, followed by the names ... More

Distance maps. Map of the Atlantic states, showing 50 mile distances from Washington. Map of the battleground [at Manassas] showing 5 mile distances from Washington.  Map of the Fortress Monroe, showing 1 mile distances from the fortress.

Distance maps. Map of the Atlantic states, showing 50 mile distances f...

Various scales. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 15 Imperfect. Left center portion is wanting. Each map indicates forts, towns, railroads, and rivers. Insets: Position of forces at Bull Run. 8 x 8 cm.-Fortress Monr... More

[Map of Federal Point, N.C., showing radia from Fort Fisher and Mound or Battery Lamb at 1/4 mile intervals form 1/2 to 1 1/4 miles and positions of blockading fleet.] Dated "Engineer Department, March 1865."

[Map of Federal Point, N.C., showing radia from Fort Fisher and Mound ...

"Fortifications Map File" Plans of Military Forts

View down Six Mile Canyon, from the Lower Dump, Gould & Curry Mine, Virginia City

View down Six Mile Canyon, from the Lower Dump, Gould & Curry Mine, Vi...

The Library holds only one photo from a pair published as a stereographic view. Gems of California scenery, no. 720. LOT subdivision subject: Mining Nevada. This record contains unverified old data from caption card.

The celebrated trotting Stallions "Young Woful" and "Abdallah Chief": On the last quarter of their great five mile race, in Harness. Over the Fashion Course, L.I. Nov. 4th 1865. Time: 13:53

The celebrated trotting Stallions "Young Woful" and "Abdallah Chief": ...

Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 1032.

"Ole Bull's Concert Room"
Six mile Canyon, from office of Chollar Works, desert in the distance

Six mile Canyon, from office of Chollar Works, desert in the distance

The Library holds only one photo from a pair published as a stereographic view. Gems of California scenery, no. 733. LOT subdivision subject: Virginia City, Nevada. This record contains unverified old data from... More

The famous roan horse Capt. McGowan as he appeared in his 20th mile

The famous roan horse Capt. McGowan as he appeared in his 20th mile

This record contains unverified data from PGA shelflist card. Associated name on shelflist card: Bufford. Copyright deposit: Feb. 5, 1866 [inscribed]; January 18, 1862 [stamped].

The celebrated trotting Stallion George Wilkes, formerly "Robert Fillingham": by Hambletonian, dam Dolly Spanker, by Mambrino. As he appeared in his great Wagon Race against Lady Thorne. Over the union course L.I. June 14th 1866,-match $1000 mile heats best 3 in 5 to Wagons

The celebrated trotting Stallion George Wilkes, formerly "Robert Filli...

Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 1025.

Lady Thorn and Mountain Boy: in their great match for $2000 mile heats best, 3 in 5, in harness

Lady Thorn and Mountain Boy: in their great match for $2000 mile heats...

Artist: John Cameron (signature on image). Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 3664

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3672

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Ca...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by ... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky.            The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3662

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape C...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by t... More

Celebrated trotting horse "John Stewart" as he appeared on the twentieth mile: In his great match against time over the fashion course L.I. Tuesday Sept. 22nd 1868. When he performed the unparaleeled feat of trotting to wagon 20 miles in 59 minutes and 23 seconds

Celebrated trotting horse "John Stewart" as he appeared on the twentie...

Currier & Ives : a catalogue raisonné / compiled by Gale Research. Detroit, MI : Gale Research, c1983, no. 0999.

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – The Cape Canaveral Air Force Station lighthouse takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines in the background. The Canaveral light is the only one owned by the U.S. Air Force.      In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-6309

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – The Cape Canaveral Air Force ...

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – The Cape Canaveral Air Force Station lighthouse takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines in the background. The Canaveral light is the only one o... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky.        The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3664

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape C...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida serves as a navigational aid for boaters and fishing interests along Florida's Atlantic coast. The U.S. Coast Guard operates the lighthouse's beacon the U.S. Air Force owns the lighthouse.    The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3142

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Cana...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida serves as a navigational aid for boaters and fishing interests along Florida's Atlantic coast. The U.S. C... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3674

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Can... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The U.S. Coast Guard operates the beacon of the historic Cape Canaveral Light as an active navigational aid. The lighthouse resides on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida and is owned by the U.S. Air Force.    The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3139

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The U.S. Coast Guard operates the beacon of th...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The U.S. Coast Guard operates the beacon of the historic Cape Canaveral Light as an active navigational aid. The lighthouse resides on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida and is ... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Natural vegetation surrounds the historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The low structure to the right of the lighthouse is the original oil house. The U.S. Air Force now owns the lighthouse.    The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3143

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Natural vegetation surrounds the historic Cape...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Natural vegetation surrounds the historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The low structure to the right of the lighthouse is the original oil house.... More

Thousand Mile Tree - Wilhelmina's Pass (Andrew J. Russel)

Thousand Mile Tree - Wilhelmina's Pass (Andrew J. Russel)

Photograph shows a group of people standing at the base of a pine tree marking the thousand mile point on the Central Pacific Railroad at a cut through Wilhelmina's Pass, Weber Canyon, Utah; one man is standing... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse as dawn breaks over the Cape..                The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3669

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Ca...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse as dawn breaks over the Cape.. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S.... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3673

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Can... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The historic Cape Canaveral Light, now owned by the U.S. Air Force, has resided in its current spot on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida since 1894.    The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3140

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The historic Cape Canaveral Light, now owned b...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The historic Cape Canaveral Light, now owned by the U.S. Air Force, has resided in its current spot on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida since 1894. The first lighthouse on ... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky.      The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3666

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape C...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S... More

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – The Cape Canaveral Air Force Station lighthouse takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines in the background. The Canaveral light is the only one owned by the U.S. Air Force.      In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-6310

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – The Cape Canaveral Air Force ...

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – The Cape Canaveral Air Force Station lighthouse takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines in the background. The Canaveral light is the only one o... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky.          The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3663

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape C...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the... More

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – This view looking up contrasts the black and white lighthouse at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station against the Florida sky. The Canaveral light is the only one owned by the U.S. Air Force.      In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-6307

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – This view looking up contrast...

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – This view looking up contrasts the black and white lighthouse at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station against the Florida sky. The Canaveral light is the only one owned by t... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- A daisy thrives amidst the natural vegetation surrounding the historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The lighthouse currently is owned by the U.S. Air Force.     The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3144

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- A daisy thrives amidst the natural vegetation ...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- A daisy thrives amidst the natural vegetation surrounding the historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The lighthouse currently is owned by the U.S. ... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Reconstruction from the original architectural plans of the keeper's house, next to the historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, is planned by the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation. The lighthouse currently is owned by the U.S. Air Force.    The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3141

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Reconstruction from the original architectural...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Reconstruction from the original architectural plans of the keeper's house, next to the historic Cape Canaveral Light on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, is planned by the Ca... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky.                The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3668

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape C...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned ... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead.            The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3670

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. ... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3675

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- The lantern room of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, with its modern first-order optic, takes on a warm glow as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Can... More

Rock of Gibraltar. Three miles long, and three quarters of a mile wide. It is on a peninsula, and rises abruptly in the east...
CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – This view looking up contrasts the black and white lighthouse at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station against the Florida sky. The Canaveral light is the only one owned by the U.S. Air Force.      In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-6308

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – This view looking up contrast...

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. – This view looking up contrasts the black and white lighthouse at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station against the Florida sky. The Canaveral light is the only one owned by t... More

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida is home to the historic Cape Canaveral Light, a lighthouse built circa 1868 and now owned by the U.S. Air Force.    The first lighthouse on Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil. In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse was not finished until 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to a new location about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. For more information on the lighthouse, visit http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/history/lighthouse.html. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2014-3138

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida is...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida is home to the historic Cape Canaveral Light, a lighthouse built circa 1868 and now owned by the U.S. Air Force. The first lighthouse on Ca... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky.                  The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3667

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape C...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- As the sun rises, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is silhouetted against the early morning sky. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owne... More

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by the U.S. Air Force. In 2000, the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse structure and its grounds to the Air Force, which is now responsible for maintaining it. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to operate the modern first-order beacon as an active navigational aid. The first lighthouse at Cape Canaveral was built near the tip of the Cape in 1848. The structure was only about 60 feet high with a rather dim light powered by whale oil.  In 1859, work began nearby on a new, taller iron structure. Construction was halted during the Civil War, and the lighthouse finally was finished in 1868. The structure, with a brick lining inside its iron exterior, was painted with its "daymark" black and white horizontal bands in 1873 to make it easier to identify during the day as a navigation point. Between 1892 and 1894, the lighthouse was dismantled and moved to its new home about a mile from the coast, where it stands today. Photo credit: NASA/Ben Smegelsky KSC-2012-3671

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Ca...

Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. -- A warm glow envelopes the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse as dawn breaks and a full moon still shines overhead. The Canaveral light is the only operating lighthouse owned by ... More

American Girl and Lady Thorn: in their great match for $2000 mile heats best 3 in 5 to wagons. Over the fashion course, L.I. May 10th 1869
Work on the last mile of the Pacific Railroad--Mingling of European with Asiatic laborers / sketched by A. R. Waud.

Work on the last mile of the Pacific Railroad--Mingling of European wi...

Men removing large rocks from hill for completion of the Pacific Railroad. Illus. in: Harper's weekly, v. 13, no. 648 (1869 May 29), p. 348.

[Dominican Republic, 1871]: Entrance to Dameon Baez's residence, one half mile to the west of the limits of Santo Domingo City on the Haina Road

[Dominican Republic, 1871]: Entrance to Dameon Baez's residence, one h...

Road leading to fortress in background. Photo reproduction of watercolor. Watercolor by James E. Taylor. This record contains unverified, old data from caption card. Caption card tracings: Churches; Death Buria... More

The Celebrated trotting mare Flora Temple, driven by James D. McMann: Best time in harness mile heat 2:19 3/4, two mile heats 4:50 1/2 to Wagon, mile heat 2:25
View of Thirty Mile Point Lighthouse, New York

View of Thirty Mile Point Lighthouse, New York

Lighthouse Plans for Thirty Mile Point, New York

Plan of New City in the District of Columbia : half a mile from Washington /

Plan of New City in the District of Columbia : half a mile from Washin...

Cadastral survey map of Ivy City, Washington D.C. "Recorded in Vol. 2 of 'Record of County Surveys,' page 76." Pen-and-ink. Fold-lined and mounted on cloth backing. Available also through the Library of Congres... More

Fourteen MIle Island from "The Adirondacks. Illustrated"

Fourteen MIle Island from "The Adirondacks. Illustrated"

This image has been taken from scan 000214 from "The Adirondacks. Illustrated". The title and subject terms of this image have been generated from tags, created by users of the British Library's flickr photostream.

Dexter, Ethan Allen and mate: In their wonderful race, over the fashion course, L.I. June 21st 1867. Match for $2,000 mile heats best 3 in 5
Elevation and Plan Drawing for the Lighthouse and Dwelling at Thirty Mile Point, New York
Massachusetts - attractions of the summer season at Nantucket: Sancota Head lighthouse, one mile off Siasoonset; clearing up [cutting grass] for summer visitors; oldest house in Nantucket; the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument; view of Nantucket from the Bell Beacon

Massachusetts - attractions of the summer season at Nantucket: Sancota...

Title and other information transcribed from caption card. Illus. in: Frank Leslie's illustrated newspaper, vol. 49, no. 1250 (1879 Sept. 13), p. 24. Reference copies may be in GEOG FILE (Graphic) - Mass. Nantu... More

West Coast Road, New Zealand / Burton Brothers Studio
Ten Mile Mining District from "[Colorado: a historical, descriptive, and statistical work on the Rocky Mountain gold and silver mining region.]"

Ten Mile Mining District from "[Colorado: a historical, descriptive, a...

This image has been taken from scan 000521 from "[Colorado: a historical, descriptive, and statistical work on the Rocky Mountain gold and silver mining region.]". The title and subject terms of this image have... More

329 mile post looking west

329 mile post looking west

Drawing shows a boundary marker post that reads "45 N.C. 1880." Beyond it, slightly uphill is a tent, "Ast. Sta.," and to the right Gedney points out the "Banks of the Little Mo. R." Gedney participated in the ... More

map from "Canoe and Camera: a two hundred mile tour through the Maine forests ... With illustrations"

map from "Canoe and Camera: a two hundred mile tour through the Maine ...

This image has been taken from scan 000038 from "Canoe and Camera: a two hundred mile tour through the Maine forests ... With illustrations". The title and subject terms of this image have been generated from t... More

Penny a mile

Penny a mile

(DLC/PP-1932:0051). Forms part of: Cabinet of American illustration (Library of Congress). Published in: "English and American Railways: English Railways 3rd Class," Harper's magazine, 71:389 (Aug. 1885).

Mr. Todd, one mile east of West Union, Custer County, Nebraska.
Table, showing local freight rates per ton, per mile, upon the Concord railroad, the Boston & Maine railroad, and other roads, in comparison with each other, for distances substantially alike, and the average of all ... Concord, July 28th, 1887.

Table, showing local freight rates per ton, per mile, upon the Concord...

Positive Photostat.; Transportation.; Concord railroad.; Boston & Maine railroad. Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. Printed... More

Lake Skaneateles, N.Y., three mile point
[Railway, the last mile, Snowdon, Wales]

[Railway, the last mile, Snowdon, Wales]

Title from the Detroit Publishing Co., catalogue J foreign section. Detroit, Mich. : Detroit Photographic Company, 1905. Print no. "10513". More information about the Photochrom Print Collection is available at... More

Crabtree gorge, seventeen mile grade
Devil's Glen, seventeen mile grade
East from seventeen mile grade
Source of the Potomac, seventeen mile grade
Seventeen mile grade near Everet's
A Half Mile of Pork (2 rows of pigs hanging up) at Armour's Great Packing House, Chicago, Ill.

A Half Mile of Pork (2 rows of pigs hanging up) at Armour's Great Pack...

51233C U.S. Copyright Office. Stereo copyrighted by T.D. Rust. This record contains unverified, old data from caption card, with subsequent revisions. Caption card tracings: Meat processing; Shelf.

On the eleven mile drive near Ishpeming, Mich., birch drive
On the eleven mile drive near Ishpeming, Mich., October leaves
Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg

Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg

Scale ca. 1:2400. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 351.4 At top of map: No. 3; Culp's Hill. Map title, legend, and a brief account of the "Work completed on United States property on this square by the Gettysburg N... More

On the eleven mile Birch Drive near Ispeming [sic], Mich.
Plat Showing Definite Location of the Fort Smith and Western Railroad, Through the Choctaw Nation, From the 50th Mile Post of the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad
[Closeup view of the Wright brothers' tent at Kitty Hawk, a half mile from Captain Tate's home]

[Closeup view of the Wright brothers' tent at Kitty Hawk, a half mile ...

Title based on: Wilbur & Orville Wright, pictorial materials: a documentary guide / Arthur G. Renstrom. Washington: Library of Congress, 1982, p. 47. Attributed to Wilbur and/or Orville Wright. Reference copy i... More

Previous

of 66

Next