Verandah Row, fourth Street, Between Washington and St. Charles. Cut from page 169 of "Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion"-1857.Title: "Verandah Row, St. Louis, Missouri."
Title: "View of The First Presbyterian Church, Fourth Street, St. Louis, Mo." Drawn and lithographed by J.C. Wild. Published by J.C. Wild. N. 9. Second Srt: St Louis Mo.
Horizontal hand-colored lithograph showing First Presbyterian Church at right, behind a row of trees. In the background can be seen the dome of the Court House, the tower of Christ Church, and the steeple of Se... More
Vertical photo showing a street crowded with horse drawn carriages and a single white automobile. The tall building to the right is missing a portion of the wall and the missing far wall can be seen through the... More
Advertises water filters for sale. Includes names of men and businesses who are using the filters.Title: Circular of Henry Heil Chemical Co., 212-214 South 4th Street, St. Louis, Mo., ca. 1895
Title: Circular: “A New Clinical Fever Thermometer,” manufactured by Aloe and Hernstein, 300 North 4th Street, St. Louis, Mo., 1879-1884
Title: E. Trask and Judge W.B. Douglas standing in the pit of an excavated building on the southeast corner of Fourth and Walnut Streets, September 1919.
Excavation for the International Fur Exchange building on the southeast corner of Fourth and Market Streets. The Old Court House is visible at right. St. Louis was a major fur trading center during the 19th and... More
Missouri Athletic Club fire wreckage at the northwest corner of Fourth Street and Washington Avenue. Boatmen's Bank occupied lower floor of the building. The Missouri Athletic Club was founded in 1903 by Char... More
Northwest corner of Fourth Street and Washington Avenue. William F. Crow and Co. Dry Goods is pictured at 601-603 North Fourth Street. William Crow was born in Ireland in 1838 and came to St. Louis in 1848. ... More
Southeast corner of Fourth and Chestnut Streets. The east lawn in front of the Old Court House is visible at the southwest corner of the intersection. Advertisements for Anheuser Busch Beer and a sign in a rest... More
View looking north on Fourth Street towards the Chestnut Street intersection. The Planter's Hotel is on the northwest corner. The original Planters Hotel opened in St. Louis in 1817. It underwent restoration... More
View of Fourth Street looking north from Market Street. The Planter's Hotel is in the distance, at Fourth and Chestnut. The Old Courthouse is at left, on the northwest corner of Fourth and Market. Slaves were ... More
View of Fourth Street looking north toward Olive Street. At the time this photo was taken, the city's commercial center was shifting west from the levee. By 1885 the area bounded by Four, Fifth and Sixth Stre... More
View of streetcars traveling on Fourth Street south of Morgan Street. Morgan Street was also known as Delmar Boulevard, and later as Convention Plaza.Title: View of Fourth Street south of Morgan Street. Morgan ... More
Union Fire Company Number Two in front of Canton Tea Company on the northwest corner of Fourth and Olive Streets. Other individuals can be seen on the street and many women stand the balcony of the corner build... More
View of Easterly's Daguerrean Gallery on the southeast corner of Fourth and Olive Streets. Easterly's Gallery is on the top floor of the corner building and has signs reading "Easterly's St. Louis Daguerrean Ga... More
Northwest corner of Fourth and Olive Streets showing the Stock and Daguerrean Gallery. The gallery has signs that say "Branch of the New York Great 25 Center Picture Factory" and "25 Cent Stock and Daguerrean G... More
Picture of a horse and carriage at the northwest corner of Fourth and Olive Streets stopped in front of Burritt's Gallery.Title: Fourth and Olive Streets, northwest corner. Burritt's Gallery.
Horses with wagons on Fourth Street around its intersection with Locust Street. Commercial buildings line the streets which include J. A. Scholten's Photogallery, Gray's Hat and Cap Manufacturer, E. Clark's Sew... More