Thank you for using Picryl. We want you to understand what information we collect, how we use it.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you use our website or applications, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, tags, descriptions, comments, likes, email address and any other information you provide us. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Picryl, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings or those services privacy policies.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
Whenever you use almost any website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that often gets saved and sent automatically. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Logs. When you use Picryl, our servers automatically record information ("log data"), including information that your application or browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your IP (Internet Protocol address), the address of the web pages you visited that had Picryl features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Picryl, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Picryl on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
Sometimes our partners may let us collect information when you use their services, or may share with us the information they collect. For example, online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to Picryl products or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Picryl and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
The information we collect is "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you).
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information.
If in future, we plan to collect both "non-personally identifiable" and "personally identifiable" information, many of the choices you have on Picryl will be built into your account settings. For example, you will be able:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, or choose whether others can find your Picryl account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your Picryl account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Picryl to that service.
- Create or be added to a group or a board.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your Tags, descriptions and collections from Picryl. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Picryl. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Picryl is a tool people use to educate and find inspirations. When you create public collections (will be available soon), Descriptions and Tags, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Picryl account to those services or publish your activity on Picryl to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Collections to Facebook or Twitter.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also may allow these companies to collect this information on Picryl.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Picryl; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, the percentage of people who click on a Image after previewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
Picryl is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Picryl after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.