West Philadelphia Friends Meeting House, 3500 Lancaster Avenue at Thirty-fifth Street, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA
Significance: In the nineteenth century, Friends of the middle and upper socio-economic classes left the Center City Philadelphia area and moved out toward the city's suburbs. While the wealthier Friends chose places along the mainline, such as Germantown or Haverford, the middling sorts stopped in West Philadelphia. The first meeting house on the site was erected in 1851; the present meeting house-school complex was built in 1901 for the use of the Hicksite Friends.
Survey number: HABS PA-6664
Building/structure dates: 1901 Initial Construction