Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Washburn "A" Mill, 710-714 South Second Street, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN
Significance: Prior to being damaged by fire in 1991, the Washburn "A" Mill was the last surviving structure of the original Minneapolis milling complex established by Cadwallader C. Washburn in the 1870s. As such, it was the most significant link between the Washburn-Crosby Milling Company of the 19th century and the vast operations of present day General Mills. The Washburn "A" Mill was erected in 1874 and rebuilt in 1879-80. It was equipped exactly as the now-demolished Washburn "C" Mill, recalling that structure's role as the nation's first automatic all-roller, gradual reduction mill.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N135
Survey number: HAER MN-83-A
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 83004388