VA Medical Center, Aspinwall Division, Ambulatory Quarters, 5103 Delafield Avenue, Aspinwall, Allegheny County, PA
Significance: The Ambulant Quarters is one of the original structures erected by the United States Veterans' Bureau at Aspinwall in 1924. The building originally housed ambulatory tuberculosis patients, who were kept separated from the ward patients in the Infirmary Building (Building No. !). The Ambulant Quarters is significant for its associations with the Veterans' Bureau's national efforts to expand its medical facilities during the 1920s and is representative of the earliest period of construction at the Aspinwall site. Later as the hospital's need and requirements changed, the Ambulant Quarters were adapted and it continued service as a research facility.
Survey number: HABS PA-5438-B
Building/structure dates: 1924 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: before 1950 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1965 Subsequent Work