U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Pattern Shop, Seventh Street near Avenue F, Pearl City, Honolulu County, HI
Significance: It is located within the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark. It is significant for being among the major shop buildings built in the initial phase of construction at the shipyard that began in 1912, and remains part of a still-extant group of buildings from that period (including Facilities 6, 7, 12, and 15 along Seventh Street). As the pattern shop, Facility 14 is functionally important to the shipyard's operations. It is a prominent structure, characteristic of a distinctive type and period of industrial construction, and is one of the few concrete frame buildings constructed in the original base period. The building remains substantially intact with a high degree of integrity. The second floor of this facility contains a significant collection of all the wood moldings for castings from the foundry dating back to its earliest time.
Survey number: HABS HI-463
Building/structure dates: 1912 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000940