The Times Building, Georgia Avenue & East Eighth Street, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
Significance: The Times Building was built 1888-1892 by Adolph S. Ochs, De Lemos and Cordes of New York, architects. In 1880 Ochs became owner of the Chattanooga Times which he continued to publish after he acquired the New York Times. With the growth of the paper, and annex was erected in 1911-12. The building housed the Times until 1942, and since then it has been called the Dome Building. The building dominated the architectural scene of the Chattanooga Business District when it was built, its dome being both a familiar landmark and a favorite promontory.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-42
Survey number: HABS TN-199