picryl logo
PICRYL
PICRYLThe World's Largest Public Domain Source
The Paoay Church (also known as the St. Augustine Church )

The Paoay Church (also known as the St. Augustine Church )

 
 
description

Summary

The Paoay Church (also known as the St. Augustine Church ) is a historical church located in the town of Paoay in Ilocos Norte, Philippines..Construction of the Paoay Church was started by the Augustinian friars in 1694. It was completed in 1894 led by Fr. Antonio Estavillo and was re-dedicated in 1894..A three-storey coral stone bell tower stands to the right of the church which served as an observation post in 1896 for the Katipuneros during the Philippine revolution against the Spaniards, and again by the Filipino guerillas during the Japanese occupation in World War II.

date_range

Date

28/11/2014
place

Location

create

Source

Bernard Spragg
copyright

Copyright info