["The Elms," Edward Julius Berwind, 367 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island. Terrace steps]
Site History. House Architecture: Horace Trumbauer, 1899-1901, 1911. Landscape: Horace Trumbauer, 1907-1914. Gardener: Bruce Butterton. Today: Open to the public as a house and garden museum by the Preservation Society of Newport County.
On lantern slide mount: handwritten note "B," "Berwind, E.J.,Newport." and Johnston no. "2764." Also, gold star sticker and red stroke mark.
Photographed when Frances Benjamin Johnston and Mattie Edwards Hewitt worked together.
Title, date, and subject information provided by Sam Watters, 2011.
Forms part of: Garden and historic house lecture series in the Frances Benjamin Johnston Collection (Library of Congress).