The World's Largest Public Domain Media Search Engine
StateLibQld 1 100256

StateLibQld 1 100256

 
 
description

Summary

Residual bluestone building which was the former Jimbour homestead.
One storey, bluestone building made from the lower storey of the 1868 main homestead residence. It is situated at the back of the main house separated by a garden and used as men's quarters. It has a hipped corrugated iron roof. Jimbour Station property was one of the largest properties taken up in the 1840s.The pastoral run name was first used by Henry Dennis the pastoralist in 1841.

date_range

Date

1841
create

Source

State Library of Queensland
copyright

Copyright info

public domain