State Capitol, State Capitol Boulevard & Cedar Street, Nashville, Davidson County, TN
- Upscale 2x2048x1670
Significance: The Tennessee State Capitol is owned and occupied by the State of Tennessee, possession was taken by the State Legislature on October 7th 1843. The Legislature accepted from the citizens of Nashville the building site known as Campbell's Hill. This property was purchased from G.W. Campbell for $30,000 and as a result of this gift the building site was moved from Kingston, Tennessee to Nashville.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-8
Survey number: HABS TN-51
Building/structure dates: ca. 1845 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 70000894