St. Thomas' Church, 14300 St. Thomas' Church Road at Croom Road, Croom, Prince George's County, MD
Significance: St. Thomas' Episcopal Church is one of the earliest Episcopal churches in Southern Maryland, and one of the most intact. It is also notable for its associations with important early citizens, particularly Rev. John Eversfield and Bishop Thomas John Clagett. The original main block was built in cruciform plan in 1742. The Gothic Revival pointed-arched window and the apse were added in 1858, and the bell tower, in 1888. The church an important county as well as community landmark is in excellent condition, having had its few missing original features restored after careful study in 1958.
Survey number: HABS MD-631
Building/structure dates: 1742-1745 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1858-1859 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1888 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1958 Subsequent Work