St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, High & Wallula Streets, Idaho City, Boise County, ID
Significance: The first Catholic church in the Boise Basin and one of the oldest in the state of Idaho, St. Joseph's was dedicated on November 15, 1863, originally to serve the religious needs of the Euro-american Catholics. After avoiding destruction in Idaho City's first major fire of May 18, 1865, it burned to the ground on May 17, 1867. It was rebuilt the following autumn.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-4
Survey number: HABS ID-12
Building/structure dates: 1867 Initial Construction