Ronald-Brennan House, 631 South Fifth Street, Louisville, Jefferson County, KY
Significance: The Ronald-Brennan House, a good example of Italianate design, has been carefully preserved by the Brennan family, who have left the house with its excellent late 19th century and early 20th century furnishings to the Filson Club for use as a museum. // Built in 1868 for Francis S.J. Ronald the house was sold in 1884 to Thomas Brennan, an inventor whose patents won two prizes at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The Brennan family lived in the house continuously until 1963 when the last family member quit claimed the house to the Filson Club. Except for an office wing added in 1912, the house has remained unaltered.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-37, FN-38, FN-39
Survey number: HABS KY-118
Building/structure dates: 1868 Initial Construction