Reverend John Woodward House, 409 Forbes Avenue, New Haven, New Haven County, CT
Significance: A modest late-18th century clapboard house, similar to the original house which had been burned by the British in 1779. One of the oldest houses in New Haven. It was built on land purchased from the Indians in 1720. The Woodward family descendants occupied the land for almost two hundred and fifty years.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-25
Survey number: HABS CT-271
Building/structure dates: ca. 1790 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: after 1790 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: ca. 1885 Subsequent Work