PICRYL
PICRYLThe World's Largest Public Domain Media Search Engine
President favors replacing of gatehouses at White House. Washington, D.C., March 25. Designed by Charles Bullfinch and placed on the U.S. Capitol grounds in 1827, this gatehouse was removed in 1872 to its present site on Constitution Ave. President Roosevelt has indicated to the Fine Arts Commission that favors preservation of the gatehouses, of which there are two, and that they should be replaced at their original location in the Capitol grounds, 3/25/38

ExploreRoosevelt

ExploreCapitol