Poplar Grove Road Bridge, Spanning Chicago & Northwestern Railroad, Lebanon, Dodge County, WI
Significance: The Poplar Grove Road Bridge utilizes a single span, two lane, Warren Double-Intersection pony truss. Erected in 1883 by the Alden and Lassig Bridge and Iron Works of Chicago for the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad, and rebuilt in 1910 for highway use by the Lassig Plant of the American
Bridge Company, the span was identified in Cultural Resource Management in Wisconsin (the state's cultural resource management plan) as one of the state's best examples of a Warren Double-Intersection pony truss with inclined endposts. With its integrity largely intact, the Poplar Grove Road Bridge is significant as an excellent example of an increasingly rare, late
nineteenth and early twentieth century bridge-type.
Survey number: HAER WI-98
Building/structure dates: 1883 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1910 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1996 Demolished