Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad, Locomotive Repair Shops, River Road at Chartiers Avenue, McKees Rocks, Allegheny County, PA
Significance: This complex was built for the maintenance of the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad's steam and later diesel locomotives in 1903. The surviving structures reflect the industrial architectural heritage of the region. The Erection Shop is one of the finest surviving industrial buildings in Pittsburgh.
Survey number: HAER PA-641
Building/structure dates: 1885 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1903 Initial Construction