Old College Park City Hall, 3814 East Main Street, College Park, Fulton County, GA
Significance: Number 3814 East Main Street began life as the City Hall for College Park, built probably no earlier than 1896 when College Park was officially incorporated and no later than c. 1902 when the focus of downtown shifted north a few blocks with the erection of a new passenger terminal at the intersection of East Main Street and Harvard (still standing). The City Hall was originally a two-room structure, one room upstairs and one room downstairs with outside access to the upstairs from the street and outdoor privies in back. There is no evidence that the building was outfitted with gas or early electric fixtures, which may incline the dating to the 1890s. Heat was provided by a stove, for which the chimney and flue still exist. ... At some point, probably after 1950 when number 3810 was built, the original exterior stairway to the street was closed off, and another stairway built in the passageway giving only interior access to the upstairs.
Survey number: HABS GA-2178
Building/structure dates: ca. 1902 Initial Construction