Neale House, 230 Neale Road (moved from 625 East Fourteenth Street), Brownsville, Cameron County, TX
Significance: The Neale House was built before 1869 as the home of Wiliam Neale, one of Brownsville's best-known pioneer citizens. The house resembles the double log houses and frame houses erected by early Anglo-American settlers in Texas more than it resembles the more indigenous border tradition. In 1950 the house was moved from its original site at 625 East 14th Street, Brownsville, to its present site on Neale Road in the Old Fort Brown Area, by the Brownsville Art League.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-78
Survey number: HABS TX-3282
Building/structure dates: ca. 18t4 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: ca. 1900 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1950