PICRYL
PICRYLThe World's Largest Public Domain Media Source
M.T. Section Sky Harbour, about 1940-1944

M.T. Section Sky Harbour, about 1940-1944

 
 
description

Summary

Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of 8 men with some in uniform and 1 woman standing in front of some large trucks, 2 men are kneeling in front of the group. On the door of one truck 'RCAF' is visible. Back row: Murray Hardy, Andy Mugford, Mary Buchanan, Mac MacDonald, Glen Robinson, Eldon Johnson, Gordon Erwin, R.H. Griffith Front row: Mel Bell, Albert Vanderburgh The negative was in an envelope with 4 other negatives. On the envelope 'M.T. Section Sky Harbour' was written in blue ink. ..Object ID : A992.0003.005..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.005/A992.0003.005 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.005 )

Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.

During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.[3]No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.

date_range

Date

1940 - 1944
create

Source

Huron County Museum and Historic Gaol
copyright

Copyright info

This image is in the public domain in Canada. Credit to the collection of the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol.