Minnesota Veterans' Home Complex, Dining Hall, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN
Significance: The Main Dining Hall is originally the tenth of the permanent structures to be built in the Soldiers' Home complex. The previous nine were built between 1888 and 1901. These consisted of: One administration building, one hospital, five cottages, one laundry and heating plant, and one pavilion. The Main Dining Hall also contains a kitchen and a bakery, and it originally provided residence for the Adjutant and the Quartermaster. It is significant in the fact that the majority of the soldiers gathered here for several decades.
Survey number: HABS MN-74-F
Building/structure dates: 1903 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1911 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1997 Demolished