M. T. Marcello Company Building, 105 Harris Avenue, Providence, Providence County, RI
Significance: The M.T. Marcello Company Building is significant for its associations with the history of the Providence food provisions industry. Established in 1918, the company was one of the leading local producers of meat products. The building was constructed in the Provisions Warehouse Historic District in 1947 and was for that time a highly modern and efficient plant. It was designed by noted Providence-based architect Oresto DiSaia, and retains a significant amount of its integrity in terms of its original appearance and machinery used in its meat processing and cold storage functions.
Survey number: HABS RI-410
Building/structure dates: 1947 Initial Construction