Hill Field, Equipment Repair Building, 5909 Southgate Avenue, Layton, Davis County, UT
Significance: Building 214 housed repair facilities for various aircraft components, including navigational instruments, communications systems, and reconnaissance equipment during and after World War II. This building provides particularly vivid images of the processes involved in the repair and maintenance of aircraft, Hill Field's overall mission to support Pacific and European theaters of military operation during World War II. In addition, it contributes to a deeper understanding of the early development of the U.S. Army Air Corps, a branch of the Army which eventually became the U.S. Air Force. Hill Field was one of only two air depots established in the United States during the tumultuous years immediately preceding World War II.
Survey number: HAER UT-85-N
Building/structure dates: 1942 Initial Construction