PICRYL
PICRYLThe World's Largest Public Domain Source
Harwellden, 210 South Main Street, Tulsa, Tulsa County, OK

Harwellden, 210 South Main Street, Tulsa, Tulsa County, OK

 
 
description

Summary

2004 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: It was originally the home of Mr. & Mrs. Earl Palmer Harwell. "Harwelden" is Welsh for "place from which the Harwells came." This name, given to the house in 1967 by the Arts and Humanities Council, is very appropriate since Mr. Harwell's family came to the U.S. from Wales. The home was completed in 1926 and has 30 rooms, 4 levels, and 7 fireplaces. The main floor rooms and stairway are decorated with hand carved wood designs, all a part of a motif which comes from a coat of arms, consisting of 2 shields, a lion, and a flower...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N969
Survey number: HABS OK-65

person

Contributors

Historic American Buildings Survey, creator
Harwell, E P
Leider, Charles, faculty sponsor
Oklahoma State University, Landscape Architecture Program, sponsor
Crumb, Michael, delineator
place

Location

East Tulsa36.15338, -95.99109
Google Map of 36.1533777, -95.9910878
create

Source

Library of Congress
copyright

Copyright info

No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html