Harmony Hall, 10500 Livingstone Road (10511 Livingstone Road), Friendly, Prince George's County, MD
City/Vicinity has been changed twice. Original location was Broad Creek, the second location was Friendly vicinity, & the third location is Fort Washington, all in Prince George's County, Maryland.
Significance: Harmony Hall is a fine example of early Georgian architecture. Built during the early to mid 18th century as a one-room-deep brick manor house with exceptional interior detailing, Harmony Hall is among the most distinguished early homes in Prince George's County. It has been the home of many wealthy county landholders over the centuries including the Tylers, Magruders, Addisons and Lyles. It is also of note for its spectacular river-front location, overlooking the Potomac River at Broad Creek.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-1
Survey number: HABS MD-10-8
Building/structure dates: ca. 1723 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: ca. 1768 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1930 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 80000673