Hamilton Grange, (Moved From) 237 West 141 Street to 141st Street & Amsterdam, New York, New York County, NY
Significance: From the NHL nomination: Built in 1801-02, Hamilton Grange was the only home Alexander Hamilton owned and here he lived from 1802 until his death on July 11, 1804. Although not of the Revolutionary period, the house nevertheless has strong associations with Hamilton, who was an aid-de-camp to Washington from 1777 to 1781 and later (1789-1795) a chief architect of Washington's Federalist Government and founder of a sound currency and responsible fiscal policy in the new established United States.
Survey number: HABS NY-6335
Building/structure dates: 1802 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1889 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000097