Granite Hill Plantation, Provision House, South side of State Route 16, 1.3 miles northeast of Sparta, Sparta, Hancock County, GA
Significance: Granite Hill Plantation historically consisted of 1,547 acres amassed by Andrew Jackson Lane, a wealthy Hancock County planter. The plantation was one of the largest in the county and is associated with the antebellum agricultural reform movement, as well as granite quarrying. The Granite Hill Plantation Provision House is the only extant structure related to A. J. Lane at the former plantation site.
Survey number: HABS GA-2396-A
Building/structure dates: ca. 1850 Initial Construction