Grace Protestant Episcopal Church, 1041 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
Significance: The "child" of two early existing Georgetown Episcopal Parishes, the Grace Parish was founded din 1855 as a mission church for boatmen and workers form the adjacent C & O Canal. With the financial support of District Governor Henry D. Cooke,the existing edifice was constructed in 1866-67; with major repairs in 1923 the structure has remained practically intact to this date. While the architect is unknown, Grace Church bears a striking resemblance to the nearby Oak Hill Chapel designed by James Renwick in 1850.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-41
Survey number: HABS DC-440
Building/structure dates: ca. 1867 Initial Construction