Frankford Arsenal, Building Nos. 141-143, South side Worth Road between Eakin & Walbach Streets, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA
Significance: Constructed in 1941 as a chemical warehouse, Buildings 141, 141A, 142, 1424A, and 143 are associated with the large-scale expansion of Frankford Arsenal, the U.S. Army's principal manufacturer of small arms ammunition, during World War II. The five identical warehouses served as a storage facility for the various laboratories at the arsenal that designed and developed new munitions. They are thus peripherally associated with the important scientific advances and technological innovations pioneered at the arsenal.
Survey number: HAER PA-74-V
Building/structure dates: 1942 Initial Construction