Fort Sheridan, Lieutenants' Quarters, 3711 Leonard Wood Avenue, Lake Forest, Lake County, IL
Significance: An example of officer housing of the early twentieth century constructed from standardized plans issued by the Office of the Quartermaster General of the United States Army. One of four similar buildings at Fort Sheridan, it was first used as Lieutenants' Quarters. Half of the two family house was the home of General George Patton, Jr., and his wife when Patton was a young lieutenant just out of West Point.
Survey number: HABS IL-1113-29
Building/structure dates: 1905 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 80001379