Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio Quartermaster Depot, Northwest corner of New Braunfels Avenue & Grayson Street, San Antonio, Bexar County, TX
- Upscale 2x7680x6170
Significance: The Quartermaster Depot, built of locally quarried stone on land donated by the City of San Antonio, was the first permanent military post at San Antonio. Completed in 1878, the depot replaced a smaller supply depot that had been housed at the Alamo. This monumental structure, now the headquarters for the U.S. Fifth Army, served as the headquarters of the Department of Texas as well as a supply depot when first completed. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places July 30, 1974 and declared a National Historic Landmark the following year.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-183
Survey number: HABS TX-3303-1
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 75001950