Fort McCoy, Building No. T-2675, South "F" Street, Midway Between 1700 Block & Intersection of South "F" Street & West Eaton Road, Sparta, Monroe County, WI
Significance: Even though the interior of Building T-2675 has undergone significant alterations over the years, it continues to exhibit many of the typical features that are common to World War II-era mobilization structures. Building T-2675 was constructed as a Post Office facility, Type PO-2, and is either the only example or is one of two examples of a building of this type constructed at Camp McCoy. The construction of Building T-2675 was part of a massive, nation-wide mobilization program designed to build cantonments in which to house and train the expanded World War II Army. The 800 Series, and the 700 Series that preceded it, was a comprehensive set of drawings which could be used interchangeably in creating the various building types. War mobilization buildings are significant for their construction and technological innovation. Techniques such as the standardization of plans, prefabrication of units, and assembly-line approach to construction were largely pioneered in the construction of these mobilization structures.
Survey number: HABS WI-308-FW
Building/structure dates: 1942 Initial Construction