Fort Larned, Blacksmith & Wheelwright Shop, Larned, Pawnee County, KS
Significance: Fort Larned was originally built of adobe. In 1865 the first stone structure was erected. By 1868 there were ten permanent sandstone buildings. Nine of these still stand to be viewed by the public. The blacksmith and wheelright's shop was built in 1868 and still contains the original forge.
Survey number: HABS KS-23
Building/structure dates: 1868 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000107