Ettevalmistused sõiduks Umegasakisse / Preparations for the trip to Umegasaki
Alguses jäeti „Nadežda“ reidile Jaapani maismaast kaugele. Alles hiljem, peale paari Hollandi laeva lahkumist veeti laev Nagasaki lähedal asuva Umegasaki juurde. Seal anti meresõitjatele kasutada ka väikene maatükk, kus neil oli võimalus natuke maismaal liikuda ning kuhu ehitati Vene diplomaatilise delegatsiooni juhile Nikolai Rjazanovile tagasihoidlik elamu..- - -.In the beginning Nadezhda was left in roadstead further away from the Japanese mainland. Only after a couple Dutch ships left, were they towed closer to land, to Umegasaki by Nagasaki. There the seafarers were given a small piece of land to walk upon and there also a humble dwelling was built for the head of the Russian diplomatic delegation, Nikolai Rezanov...Viitekood / Reference code:.EAA.14184.108.40.206..Lehekülg SAAGAs (vaja registreeruda) / Page in SAAGA (registration needed):.www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA.1414.3.4:107 ( http://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA.1414.3.4:107 )
Between 1803-1806 the first Russian circumnavigation took place. The author of the idea for the expedition, as well as its leader and captain on one of the two ships was the Baltic German nobleman Adam Johann von Krusenstern, born in the Governorate of Estonia. In addition to its many scientific goals, the expedition was also meant to establish economic and diplomatic relations with China and Japan, as well as find a more efficient way to supply the Russian-American Company and raise Russia into the circle of naval powers. These watercolour paintings originate from Hermann Ludwig von Löwenstern’s diary, who was a lieutenant on the ship Nadezhda, captained by Krusenstern. They have been attributed to Löwenstern himself as well as the scientist Wilhelm Gottlieb Tilesius, who participated on the expedition as a botanist and artist.