PICRYL
PICRYLThe World's Largest Public Domain Media Search Engine
East Front of the Bank of England, and new Tower of the Royal Exchange, from St Bartholomew's Lane - Shepherd, Metropolitan Improvements (1828), p211

East Front of the Bank of England, and new Tower of the Royal Exchange, from St Bartholomew's Lane - Shepherd, Metropolitan Improvements (1828), p211

 
 
description

Summary

The curtain wall of the east side of Bank of England along Bartholomew Lane, built in 1797 to designs by John Soane (with the blind windows added in 1805). Beyond is the old building of the Royal Exchange, which would be destroyed by fire in 1838. The Royal Exchange's wooden tower and front entrance on Cornhill had been rebuilt in stone between 1820 and 1826 to a new design by George Smith.

date_range

Date

1828
create

Source

British Library
copyright

Copyright info

public domain