Durfee Mills, Plymouth Avenue & Pleasant Street, Fall River, Bristol County, MA
Part of New England Textile Mill Survey, 1967-68, sponsored by HABS, Smithsonian, and Merrimack Valley Textile Museum
Significance: The Durfee Mills was the largest single firm of textile manufacturers in Fall River. During the 1870's the company produced 23 million yards of cloth annually. This well organized, attractive group of granite structures was named in memory of Bradford Durfee. It was the largest textile mill in the city, and, during the 1870's it produced 23 million yards of print cloth annually. Number One Mill was built in 1866, Number Two Mill in 1871, and a number of additions to the complex were made between 1880 and 1895.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-185
Survey number: HABS MA-982
Building/structure dates: 18t4 Initial Construction