PICRYL
PICRYLThe World's Largest Public Domain Source
  • homeHome
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade
  • account_boxLogin
Dodge Brothers Motor Car Company Plant, Between Joseph Campau & Conant Avenues, Hamtramck, Wayne County, MI

Dodge Brothers Motor Car Company Plant, Between Joseph Campau & Conant Avenues, Hamtramck, Wayne County, MI

  • save_altThumbnail200x200
  • save_altSmall640x508
  • save_altMedium1024x812
  • save_altOriginal3840x3045
  • photo_size_select_largeUpscale 2x7680x6090
description

Summary

Significance: It served as the major manufacturing and assembly plant for the Dodge automobile and is the last large reinforced concrete automobile plant left in the Detroit area. The Dodge factory led to the growth of the community of Hamtramck.
Survey number: HAER MI-6
Building/structure dates: 1910- 1955 Initial Construction

person

Contributors

Historic American Engineering Record, creator
Albert Kahn Associates
Smith,Hinchman & Grylls
Dodge, John F
Dodge, Horace E
place

Location

Hamtramck (Mich.)42.39282, -83.04964
Google Map of 42.3928151, -83.0496438
create

Source

Library of Congress
copyright

Copyright info

No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html

Exploredepressions

Exploreurban growth

Exploretransportation industry