The World's Largest Public Domain Media Search Engine
diocletian's palace, at Spalatro, Dalmacia

diocletian's palace, at Spalatro, Dalmacia

 
 
description

Summary

Ancient and modern monuments: collection that constitutes the history of the architecture of the different towns in all their times ... By Julio Gailhabaud

The Baths of Diocletian (Thermae Diocletiani) in Rome were built from 298 to in 306. The Baths were commissioned by Maximian in honor of co-Emperor Diocletian in 298, the same year he returned from Africa. The Baths occupy the high-ground on the northeast summit of the Vimina hills in Rome. The water supply was provided by the Aqua Marcia and Aqua Antoniniana aqueducts. The Baths remained in use until the siege of Rome in 537 when the Ostrogothic king Vitiges cut off the aqueducts.

date_range

Date

1845
place

Location

create

Source

Biblioteca Universitaria de Sevilla
copyright

Copyright info

Public Domain Mark 1.0