Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad Freighthouse, 201-211 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN
Significance: This Commercial Italianate style structure was constructed in 1879, and substantially enlarged in 1905, the Milwaukee Road Freight House was the city's first major railroad freight depot. It was of paramount importance in defining the downtown rail corridor that separated the flour milling district to the south. When the freight house was nominated to the National Register in 1978, it was the oldest surviving railroad building in Minneapolis.
Survey number: HABS MN-91
Building/structure dates: 1879 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1905 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 78001542