Busch Building, 710 E Street, Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
Significance: Constructed in 1890 by Ed Abner, the Busch Building was apparently built as an office building for the Anheuser-Busch Brewing Association. It was subsequently occupied by a succession of federal offices, including the Department of Agriculture and the Bureau of Mines. In 1921 the building was annexed by the Lansburgh & Brothers Department Store for its administrative and advertising offices. It remained a part of the Lansburgh's complex until the store closed in 1973, and has been vacant since that time.
Survey number: HABS DC-575
Building/structure dates: 1890 Initial Construction