Brooklyn Green, North Green, South Green, & West Green, parts of Brown Road, Canterbury Road (Route 169), Hartford Road (Route 6), Hyde Road, Pomfret Road (Route 169), Prince Hill Road, Providence Road (Route 6), Wauregan Road (Routes 169 & 205), & Wolf Den Road, Brooklyn, Windham County, CT
Significance: Little altered since the mid-nineteenth century, Brooklyn Green is significant as a small, rural area that still retains much of its eighteenth- and nineteenth-century material heritage. The physical organization of the area reflects the historical development of the town and the region, including its growth in the first half of the nineteenth century and decline in the decades that followed. Many of the buildings and structures located near the Brooklyn Green are architecturally significant, exemplifying the styles that were popular between 1750 and 1850, the area's period of greatest significance. Finally, some of the buildings and structures are associated with the lives of prominent individuals in Brooklyn history, including Israel Putnam (1718-1790) and Daniel Tyler, Jr. (ca. 1700-1800).
Survey number: HABS CT-469
Building/structure dates: after. 1775- before. 1850 Initial Construction