Belmont, Belmont Boulevard & Wedgewood, Nashville, Davidson County, TN
Significance: Built in 1850 by Col. J.A.S. Acklen and his wife, Adelicia, Belmont was considered at that time to be one of the finest private residences in the south. Designed in the manner of an Italian Renaissance villa with Greek Revival details, the handsome structure is thought to have been designed by Adolphus Heiman. After 1890, the estate was converted into an institution for higher learning.
Survey number: HABS TN-56
Building/structure dates: 1850 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1890 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1903 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1910 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 71000816