Beck-Care Warehouse, 18-20 South Delaware Avenue, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA
Significance: It was built in the latter part of the 18th century on the Delaware River wharves. At the earliest record it was owned by merchant Paul Beck and was under the tenancy of E. Beck and Phillip Care (1796). The building was later the headquarters of Baugh & Sons Company, manufacturers of bone meal fertilizer since 1817. It served in this capacity from 1860-1954. By 1967 this had become the last surviving 18th century warehouse on the Philadelphia waterfront. In that year it was demolished for the right-of-way of the Delaware Expressway.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-233
Survey number: HABS PA-1188