Baltimore House, 4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, Prince George's County, MD
1993 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: Originally built in 1801, Riversdale was planned by Henri Joseph the Baron de Stier and his son-in-law George Calvert, a descendant of the Lords Baltimore. It was built to resemble de Stier's Belgium home. Architecturally, it is important for its role as one of the best late Georgian, five part houses in Maryland.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N139
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N616
Survey number: HABS MD-655
Building/structure dates: 1801 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 73002166