440-446 South Convent Avenue (House), Tucson, Pima County, AZ
Significance: This row of apartments is a brick translation of typical Barrio row houses. Designed by Henry O. Jaastad, Tucson architect between 1908-1909, this four-unit building with hip roof relates strongly to its neighbor to the north, also designed by Jaastad. Design elements are uniquely Victorian. The plan form reflects Anglo functions with rooms relating to an entry hall.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-26
Survey number: HABS AZ-73-11
Building/structure dates: ca. 1980 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 78000565