1021-1025 East Fourteenth Avenue (Warehouse), 1021-1025 East Fourteenth Avenue, Tampa, Hillsborough County, FL
Significance: It's architectural and historical significance is derived from its contribution to the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District. Ybor City is a section of Tampa founded and built by Vicente M. Ybor and Ignacio Haya as a cigar manufacturing center and town. This company town was planned by Gavino Guiterrez to include cigar factories, workers housing, public spaces, and commercial buildings. This district is significant for its importance to Tampa's architectural heritage, as it contains many of the City's best remaining examples of late-19th century and early-20th century domestic, religious, commercial, and industrial buildings. This warehouse is associated with the former El Progresso de Ybor Grocery located next door at 2506 North Twelfth Street (HABS FL-549). It was constructed to serve as storage for the early grocery store and represents an increasingly rare historic resource found in Ybor City.
Survey number: HABS FL-551
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 74000641