1007 East Fourteenth Avenue, Tampa, Hillsborough County, FL
Significance: This building's architectural and historical significance is derived from its contribution to the Ybor City National Register Historic Landmark District. Ybor City is a section of Tampa founded and built by Vicente M. Ybor and Ignacio Haya as a cigar manufacturing center and town. This company town was planned by Gavino Gutierrez to include cigar factories, workers housing, public spaces, and commercial buildings. This district is significant for its importance to Tampa's architectural heritage, as it contains many of the City's best remaining examples of late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century domestic, religious, commercial, and industrial buildings. This house represents cigar factory worker housing within the larger context of the cigar manufacturing company town. This Craftsman Bungalow residence is representative of the larger collection of worker housing in Ybor City.
Survey number: HABS FL-485
Building/structure dates: 1913 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 74000641