Moscow-Kursk railway, 1885
Moscow-Kursk Railway runs through Moscow, Tula, Orel, Kursk, and Ryazan provinces. The road linked the center of Russia with the south-eastern regions of the country.
In 1864 Russian government issued a decree on the construction of the railway line Moscow - Adler. This line was the pilot part of the Southern Railway, later renamed as Moscow-Kursk railway. 19 stations and numerous depots were built, equipped with loading platforms and warehouses. The main line connected Moscow - Serpukhov, Serpukhov - Tula, Tula - Kursk. The road length was 542.7 km in1868.
Moscow-Kursk railway was built on public money and owned by a joint-stock company between 1871-1893. Later, the road was merged with the Moscow-Nizhny Novgorod railway and Murom Railway. Headquarter of the united railway was located in Moscow.